Friday, February 8, 2008

Tightening it's grip

Where there are times the urge is small, it seems here lately it's come like a flood. My triggers are firmly embedded and right now I can't imagine changing the situation....at least without serious withdrawal. I've thought about generic nicotine patches, but I don't want to spend the money if I don't follow through (tightwad).
The breakfast lady on Friday and Saturday is an ex-smoker. She has talked to me about her victory over cigs and has been encouraging me.
It is about 10 after 6 in the morning and I've almost made it to the end of another shift. I think I have about 5-6 cigs left which I know will make it till I get home... :)
I don't remember whether or not I mentioned it or not, but for personal reasons I wanted to quit this year (42). I know my Dad would have wanted me to quit sooner, but hopefully at least I can quit this year.

No comments: